Best Consulting Services, Inc. is looking for a talented seasoned Programmer Analyst who is passionate and experienced in designing and developing applications using .NET, Microsoft SQL, and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and C#. As a programmer analyst you will be responsible for creating and maintaining cutting edge proprietary transportation related applications. In this role you have the opportunity to take part in all aspects of solution development including requirements gathering, feature design, implementation and deployment. The ideal candidate must demonstrate a service oriented mentality, exhibit a high sense of ownership over project, and thrive in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision. This position will be for a Client in Chicago, Illinois.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyze, design, develop, and implement new windows client and back-end applications and processes using the .NET framework.
- Develop enhancements to existing vendor supplied software packages
- Develop reports and report models using RDBMS and OLAP cubes within the SQL Server 2008 R2 environment from a variety of different target datasources.
- Create and update technical application documentation
- Assist with technical troubleshooting, provide support and guidance to other technical team members as needed
- Understands Full Software Development Life Cycle
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Experience developing software & reports in the Finance, Transportation or Human Resources (HR) field(s) is a plus
- Working knowledge of the use and underlying data model and schema of Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains (v10, 2010, 2013)
- Fluency utilizing CSLA.NET Business Objects is a very strong plus.
- Three or more years utilizing the Microsoft .NET framework.
- Three or more years Database development experience including Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2, SSRS Reports, OLAP cubes, Stored Procedures, andQuery Optimization using Query Analyzer.
- Knowledge of version control methodologies using Git / SVN is a big plus.
- Strong Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong interpersonal skills, customer-centric attitude
- Demonstrate self-motivation and goal oriented achievements
- Proven team player