Successful IT recruitment involves the several processes of:
- Development of a policy on recruitment and retention and the systems that give life to the policy.
- Needs assessment to determine the current and future human resource requirements of the organization. If the activity is to be effective, the human resource requirements for each job category and functional division/unit of the organization must be assess
ed and a priority assigned.
- Identification, within and outside the organization, of the potential human resource pool and the likely competition for the knowledge and skills resident within it.
- Job analysis and job evaluation to identify the individual aspects of each job and calculate its relative worth.
- Assessment of qualifications profiles, drawn from job descriptions that identify responsibilities and required skills, abilities, knowledge and experience.
- Determination of the organization’s ability to pay salaries and benefits within a defined period.
- Identification and documentation of the actual process of recruitment and selection to ensure equity and adherence to equal opportunity and other laws.